Rolla Board Of Public Works Members
Mr. Barrack is a 1971 graduate of Hogan High School, Kansas City, Missouri and a graduate of the University of Missouri-Rolla, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master of Science degree in Engineering Management. His business interests started in 1972 when he began installing and servicing alarm systems in the Rolla area while attending the university.
Special licenses and certifications include:
- Kansas City Master Electrician’s License
- National NICET Level III Fire Alarm Certification
- Oklahoma State Alarm License
- Arkansas State Alarm License
- Illinois State Alarm License
Other professional relationships:
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm, Training School Instructor
- Missouri Burglar & Fire Alarm Association, Past President
- Alarm Dealers of America, Past President
- Sigma Nu Fraternity, Housing Corp., Past President
Companies owned include:
- The Attic Lounge and Restaurant, 1976-81 (Partner)
- Central Security & Electric, Inc., 1981-2010
- Central Dispatch, Inc., 1986-Present
- Advanced Answering Exchange, 1988-2007
- CSE Construction Co., Inc., 1994-Present
- USA Tour, Inc., 1996-Present
- USA Express, Inc., 2003-Present
Community involvement and special recognition include:
- Greentree Christian Church
- Rolla Downtown Business Association
- Rolla Area Chamber of Commerce
- Route 66 Summerfest Chairman
- Phelps County Ambassadors
- Phelps for the Fort
- Edmond Ward Bishop Award, 2008 Recipient
Mr. Barrack began serving on the Rolla Board of Public Works in 2009.
Mr. Crump graduated from the University of Missouri – Columbia in 1971 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (cum laude). In 1974, he attended the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law where he earned a Jurist Doctorate degree. Following law school, he was employed for one year as a clerk for the Honorable Fred Henley, Judge of the Missouri Supreme Court. In 1975 he started in the general practice of law in Rolla, Missouri, where he continues to practice law. He currently is principal in Crump Law Office with locations in Rolla and Vienna, Missouri.
Community involvements include:
- Volunteer mediator/arbitrator in the Missouri Bar Fee Dispute Resolution Program and the Complaint Resolution Program.
- Served as a Special Master for the Twenty-fifth Judicial Circuit Family Law Court.
- Member of the First Baptist Church of Rolla.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Phelps County Regional Medical Center.
Mr. Crump began serving on the Rolla Board of Public Works in 2009.
Mr. Williams is a life long resident of Rolla, Missouri. He graduated Rolla High School in 1988 and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from Missouri State University in 1993. He went on to obtain a Masters in Business Administration with emphasis in Finance from Missouri State University in 1996. In 1997, Mr. Williams returned to Rolla where he began his career in the securities industry. Mr. Williams is a Financial Advisor with an Edward Jones office in Rolla.
Community involvements include:
- Rolla Lions Club member since 1997; served as club president from 2004-2005.
- Served on the Rolla Lions Club Board of Directors, and currently chairs the Land Sale Investment Committee.
- Served as Treasurer of the Rolla Lions Club Foundation.
- Serves on Rolla Lions Club Finance and Bingo Committees.
- A member of Chamber of Commerce since 2001, and has been a Chamber Ambassador since 2002.
- Current President and member of the Rolla Community Development Corporation.
- Served as a Rolla City Council member from 2000-2006.
- Served on the Rolla Planning and Zoning Commission from 1998-2000.
- Recipient of the Edwin Dalstrom Distinguished Service Award in 2010.
- Member of First United Methodist Church.
Mr. Williams began serving on the Rolla Board of Public Works in 2011.
Dr. Showalter is originally from Michigan. He graduated from Michigan Tech in 1984 with a BS in Civil Engineering and in 1988 with an MS in Civil Engineering. In 1994 he received a Ph.D. from Purdue University, also in Civil Engineering. Before entering academia he worked as an engineer for Manistee County in Michigan, a project manager for Opus and for Harmon Contract in Minneapolis and had post-Doctoral appointment as a cost analyst at Los Alamos National Lab in New Mexico. In 1995 he joined the faculty of Civil Engineering at Virginia Tech. Since the Fall of 2000 he has been at Missouri University of Science and Technology in the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering where he is currently an Associate Teaching Professor. His area is construction engineering; he teaches courses covering cost estimating, scheduling and contracts, and teaches senior design. In 2010 he was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to Tallinn University of Technology in Estonia where he taught and conducted research.
Licenses and Accreditations:
- Registered Professional Engineer – Minnesota
- LEED AP
- Green Campus Committee
- Adviser to: Solar Decathlon Team since inception in 2001, Student Chapter of AGC since 2011, Engineeers Without Borders since inception, Concrete Canoe Team since 2010
- Assistant Scout Master, Troop 83-from 2004 to 2008
- Optimist Basketball coach – from 2003 to 2006
Dr. Showalter began serving on the Rolla Board of Public Works in 2012.